David G. Malt
David G. Malt is President, Owner or Managing Partner of numerous real estate companies. He has been actively engaged in real estate development, acquisition, construction, management, leasing and sales in Florida for nearly 30 years. David’s companies have purchased and developed over 100 million worth of property, built and sold over 3,000 residences (homes, condos, apartments), built and sold commercial offices, managed over 2,000 rental and condominium homes, and remodeled and restored historic commercial property. David has, and currently is, using his aptitudes, licenses, associations and experiences to evaluate and improve sites for clients. He thoroughly identifies all the conditions, vertically and horizontally, structurally and/or operationally, to stabilize the sites for efficient operation and/or transition to a new buyer. Recent assignments have incorporated:
Providing feasibility studies on fractionalized sites including: multi-family, commercial, and mixed use single family sites.
Identifying incomplete construction deficiencies and providing cost estimates for completion.
Protecting and preserving the assets, which often require completing necessary horizontal and vertical construction to preserve entitlements.
Supervising commercial tenant improvements within commercial centers to ensure lenders’ assets are properly enhanced.
Evaluating vacant land, including submerged land lease rights to determine entitlements and future sale opportunities.
Managing of condo and apartment rental sites during receivership periods prior to foreclosure.
David specializes in thoroughly reviewing the site to ensure all improvements and costs are properly analyzed and projected. A detailed summary of activity is typically provided monthly for a client’s review and for court documentation. David’s experience as a developer and builder, along with being the end user, enables him to accurately prepare cost projections and operating budgets. His experience as an owner/builder enables him to capably manage construction workers and personnel, sales agents, leasing agents and government officials at one time. His assenting relationship with city and county agencies typically enhances step-by-step communications.
Professional Accomplishments Include:
- State of Florida Certified General Building Contractor, since 1982
- State of Florida Certified Roofing Contractor, since 1983
- State of Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker, since 1988
- Former Bank Board Director, 2006-2009
- Chairman of the City of Fort Myers Building and Zoning Oversight Committee, since 2000
- Board Member Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, since 2000
- Stakeholder member of City of Fort Myers Planning Department Rewriting Growth Management Code, since 2006
- Board Member Bishop Verot Catholic High School, since 2009
- Florida Atlantic University Graduate, BBA 1979